Caroline C. Kresky
3340 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
O: (404) 869-5290
D: (404) 869-5291
C: (404) 394-9015
Caroline C. Kresky is the founding member of KRESKY LAW that specializes in family law matters for high net worth individuals. Ms. Kresky is one of the premier lawyers in the Southeast and has a statewide practice. Prior to forming KRESKY LAW, Ms. Kresky practiced with national law firms for more than 30 years. She currently represents high net worth individuals in contested and complex family law matters (divorce, alimony, equitable division/separate property, child support, custody; modification actions; contested paternity, legitimation and adoption; grandparent rights; domestic violence; contempts; disputed pre and postnuptial agreements) as well as complex trusts, estate and guardianship matters.
Ms. Kresky has assembled a team of first rate lawyers, paralegals, project assistants, and others whom she supervises with the goal of providing big firm quality work at a reasonable cost and always achieving positive results for clients. Because representing high net worth individuals in complex financial and legal matters requires a sophisticated financial understanding and in depth knowledge of the law, Ms. Kresky has built relationships with outstanding professionals, who are experts in forensic accounting, trust issues, custodial and psychological evaluations, fraud examinations, valuations of businesses and real property, complicated compensation packages, and health (physical and mental).
Ms. Kresky has repeatedly been designated as a SuperLawyer, a Georgia Trend Legal Elite, and a Top Rated Lawyer in Georgia as published by ALM Legal Leaders. She is AV rated 5/5 by Martindale Hubbell for more than 20 years. ALM review from a judge stated: “Outstanding professional, ethical and brilliant.” Another ALM reviewer noted: “Excellent legal skills, good mentor, have referred work to her on several occasions.”
- Successfully resolved $185 million divorce dividing complex assets through negotiation and mediation.
- Convinced a Superior Court to rebuild a marital estate by the amount husband dissipated on his girlfriend.
- Litigated complex divorce case with incapacitated party that required the appointment of a guardian and conservator.
- Tracked down $15 million of missing assets in complex multi-state divorce case.
- Deep understanding of complex compensation plans and the division of complicated assets and compensation, such as, options, restricted stock, and other incentive plans.
- Handled contested legitimation, paternity, and adoption cases.
- Tried numerous modification actions – custody and child support.
- Handled more than 100 contempt actions.
- Obtained guardianships/conservatorships of children and adults.
- Enforced and challenged high dollar pre nuptials and post nuptials.
- Tried family violence cases where there was a great deal more at stake than money.
- Resolved, without a trial, the removal of a trustee in a $100 million trust dispute.
- Lead counsel on numerous will caveat cases.
- Drafted and litigated prenuptials and post nuptials with complicated business, financial, and tax issues.
- Lead counsel in numerous bench and jury trials and arbitrations.
Ms. Kresky graduated in the top ten (10) and with distinction from Emory University School of Law where she was elected to Order of the Coif and received awards for the highest grades in torts and civil procedure. She served as President of the Lamar Inn of Court, and has served in numerous other legal organizations. She is a frequent author and lecturer about litigation and family law matters.
Ms. Kresky graduated from Colby College near the top of her class and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She also earned a Masters in Political Science from Columbia University where she was a member of the European Institute. Before entering law school, Ms. Kresky worked as a journalist and ran a profit center for a large NYSE textile company.